Thread: nj hedgehog permit?

nj hedgehog permit?

hey all! (yay first post)

i live in bridgewater, nj and i recently discovered that i will actually need a permit in order to own a hedgie here. the permit is cheap, 10$, so i\'m not worried about that, just that i don\'t know where to get a permit. My breeder is actually all the way in north carolina (long story) so i dont think she would be able to give me a permit form. Anyone know where i can find one?

--sweta

Re:nj hedgehog permit?

actually let me modify that. i have the permit application, but is there any way i can get a 20-day permit if the breeded does not provide one?

It is my understanding that if the breeder is not located in NJ they don\'t have to issue the 20 day temporary permit, but I could be wrong.

Here is phone number and links so you or your breeder could find out for sure:

TO REQUEST TEMPORARY 20-DAY PERMIT BOOKLETS & INDIVIDUAL HOBBY APPLICATION PACKETS:
    Call (609) 292-9591 or e-mail EXOTICPERMITS@dep.state.nj.us

Here is the link for the permanent permit:
    http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/xotic_hobby.pdf

Let us know what you find out
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

so here\'s the response i got-

in this case, i jsut need a receipt or some ort of proof of purchase from the breeder, and that would count as my 20-day permit. Basically, they just need to make sure the hedgie was obtained legally. B)

Well that sounds easy enough. Let us know when you get your hedgie
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information