Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schöndorn of Terrapin.

Schöndorn of Terrapin.

Hello everyone!

Seeing this is where I ultimately found my Hedgie, I thought I\'ll post a bit about the new lill one.

Stasi hooked me up with a very keen young male whom I have dubbed in my mother tongue Schöndorn - pretty thorn.

Schöndorn is now 9 weeks old if I remember correctly and he is less and less of the shy puppy I got him as. He also huffs less at me every day and he will even snooze in my lap while being dry-groomed with a toothbrush.

Currently his main annoyance with my is that I brought a cold back from an extended weekend trip and I am someone who very loudly blows her nose... He\'s not too impressed.

Yesterday I got nipped - my own fault, I should have moved back when he started to lick in the same way he licks his food before picking it up. Am I glad he\'s not a rodent, when my rats used to bite it was a LOT worse.

He still sleeps a lot (I noticed while unable to sleep last night) and while he uses his wheel now and then, he\'s not too keen on playing yet. But he LOVES to burrow.
    I refitted a plastic terrarium my rats used to have to dig in and filled it with Carefresh. Hide a cricket or two inside and he will try to jump out of my hand and into the mini-playpen. :laugh:

Stasi: Thanks so much for everything. ... this time in the correct forum. :blush:

Re:Schöndorn of Terrapin.

Ges, VA wrote:
    Stasi: Thanks so much for everything. ... this time in the correct forum. :blush:
    Aww, heck, you can post nice things about me in any part of the forum.

I\'m VERY glad to hear things are going so well, sorry to hear you have a cold though - maybe the heat will chase it away quickly!
    Terrapin Hedgehogs in MD Serving all of the mid-Atlantic and beyond!|
    Hedgehog World

Actually, while I usually complain about the hot humidity, this time around I welcome it. Both the cold and my clogged-up ear like it hot and moist.

Yes, never go flying with a cold. Got a good portion of the stuff in my left ear now. Not comfy... :pinch:

Hi Ges! I\'m in VA too, what part do you live in? (I\'m in Alexandria.)

Hey!

I\'m on the other end somewhat, Ashburn, near Leesburg. It was a bit of a drive up to Stasi. *grin*

Ashburn! That\'s where my company\'s production servers are :laugh: Isn\'t the weather ridiculous right now? It\'s soooo freakin\' muggy and hot. I got my Zelda from Stasi too, her hedgies are pretty kickin\' little guys. If there\'s another gathering, hopefully I\'ll see you there!

Knitzel wrote:
    Ashburn! That\'s where my company\'s production servers are :laugh: Isn\'t the weather ridiculous right now? It\'s soooo freakin\' muggy and hot. I got my Zelda from Stasi too, her hedgies are pretty kickin\' little guys. If there\'s another gathering, hopefully I\'ll see you there!
    There\'s been some noise about having one in the fall sometime....Any interest?
    Terrapin Hedgehogs in MD Serving all of the mid-Atlantic and beyond!|
    Hedgehog World

yay! If my crazy work schedual allows it...

*holds a sulking \'dorn on her lap*

Stasi, he would like to let you know that telling me he might enjoy baths in baby-warm water OR any water for that matter took you off his Christmas-card list....

Maybe this should be called the \"Thanks Stasi\" thread since it sounds like we all got our hedgies from her! Hufflepuff is doing great - he sleeps all day, gets up around midnight and wheels for hours from what we can tell, eats a little, drinks a little, and is hid back under his little bed before we get up. He\'s balled up on us twice (yesterday) but uncurls really fast after rocking him back and forth between my hands. He is such an amazing little guy! We got some great pictures of him wheeling last night - he didn\'t mind the camera shutter sound or the flash! I was shocked to see that you could see his legs in the pictures - they are a complete blur when he\'s running, I can\'t believe how fast he goes on that big wheel already.

I would be interested! Hopefully the heat of the summer will have broken in a month or so :blush: <--that\'s me all red from the heat