Thread: Animal poison control center

Animal poison control center

Hope you never have to use it, but remember it\'s here just in case:

As the premier animal poison control center in North America, the APCC is your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you think that your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, make the call that can make all the difference: (888) 426-4435. A $55 consultation fee may be applied to your credit card.

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/poison-control/
    Last edited by CThogs; 08-14-2010 at 07:37 AM. Reason: fix link
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

Re:Animal poison control center

may I suggest that this be posted on the HHW home page so one does not have to search their house for it or wade through postings.

The post is a sticky post so it will stay on top. You won't have to wade through postings.
    Last edited by CThogs; 08-14-2010 at 07:38 AM.
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

its still a good thing to put on the main website...i know a lotta ppl dont check the message boards when they first come to this website...i def didnt for a while, because i hadnt realized how great a resource it is...also, i think if its on the website it might have a better chance of being googled? not exactly sure how taht works...

idk, the more places its in, the better, since it really is important information.

I know a lot of people go right to the forums especially if they have a worry about an injury.

If you go to the site above, you can also order a free refrigerator magnet to put on your fridge if you are worried you will not be able to find the post.

Post edited by: CThogs, at: 2007/08/26 20:18
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs

Thank you so much for posting that Ann. I think its fabulous that you have.

Where as I understand why everyone wants it on the main page honestly its the pet holders responsibility to have this number in a safe and easy viewed location at their home residence, thats just my opinion however.
    In Love With My Hedgehogs; Milkshake, Ecstasi, Custard, Sir Dublin Mudslide, Ichabod, Kodak, Oreo, Perplexed, Vanilla Bean, Frost, Chester & Tobias.

I put the link as a sticky note on my desktop ( on computer ) that way if I ever need it all I have to do is open my laptop and click. Thank you so much for the link.
    Crazy Hedgehog Lady

You're welcome
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs