Thread: *waves* Hi! LF hedgie

*waves* Hi! LF hedgie

26 yr old female - who up until recently, was owned by a hedgie I took in from a friend, who got Ms.Hedge from someone else before that.
    Sadly she passed away, presumably at around 4-5 yrs old (guesstimation at this point).

I was looking for anyone who might know of a hedgie looking to be rehomed - I tend to lean towards adoption/rescue with all my critters (big and small).

Oh, and I\'m in Ottawa, ON

Was glad to find the forum, and wish I could add current stories, but guess will have to wait.

In that meantime, hello to all.

Re:*waves* Hi! LF hedgie

Nancy from The Hedgie Den is up in Canada and I believe she\'s very involved in rescue. Hopefully she can chime in and help you out.

You can also check petfinder.org for hedgies in your area.

I am sorry to hear Ms. Hedgie passed away, I am sure she had a great life with you.

-K
    Kelly Sosik-Hamor
    Hamor Hollow Hedgehogs, a New Hampshire breeder
    Do you want to buy a baby Hedgehog? Ask me if they are available |
    Hedgehog World

Hello Callie!

Good luck finding a rescue hedgie.

PS... WE LOVE CANADA! The people are really warm and where else can you get french fries with gravy at McDonald\'s!!!:woohoo:
    Family: Ava & Gelsomina - Hedgehogs
    Enoch & Fellini - Cats
    Meneo - Dog
    Carlo - Human

I\'m jumping all over the place.

Ok, so I was unable to find anyone with a hedgie that needed adopting/rescuing (I guess that\'s a good thing, for the hedgies not being homeless in this area)

So I ended up getting an albino male. He\'s 10 wks I believe, but need to confirm his date of birth from the woman I got him from.

I don\'t have a digi cam, so need to borrow one from mom, and then will post pics of him I promise

My main problemnow is coming up with a name...I suck, as I\'m near to tapped out (we used to have a cat rescue, and now I\'m out of names...lol)

He\'s a nibbler, not sure if it\'s a teething thing or not, otherwise, quiet sociable and friendly (after he gets out of his ball). Very unlike my old girl!

Hopefully will get pics up tomorrow!

since he\'s a nibbler, how about Pacman (for how they gobbled up those dots). Just yesterday morning my niece and I were discussing names for the rehome we\'ll be getting and she had one that I thought would be a great name for an all white one (so much better than the usual snowflake)... I\'ll have to ask her what she remembers. If my dad were still alive I know what he\'d call an all white hedgie - D-R for Damm Rat (my dad had a very dry sense of humor but I loved his terms of endearment). I have a whole list of names for males - Sidekick, Buddy, but I personally prefer yummy names like Shortbread of Macaroon.

now I remember my nieces suggestion: Cookie (taken from Cookie Dough). If I wasn\'t partial to Crinkle or Pinwheel for my next hedgie I\'d consider Cookie. Let a few roll of your tongue, something will fit!

Post edited by: clutterbuster, at: 2007/09/06 08:45

i always liked the name taro, or something like samir, or my friend suggested the cutest name, james polk. (hehe like poke...)

I think that if I had an all white hedgie I would name it marshmellow. I think that name is cute and kinda original! :laugh:

Kinda ironic when you thing about it. :laugh:
    If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans. ~James Herriot

~Sam~
    Slave to Dazi(F) and Indiana(M) the hedgehogs.

I think if I were ever to get an albino I would name him Alfredo, I just always thought that was cute!!!

~Felicia