Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: N.J Breeders

Re:N.J Breeders

Oh well im a couple hours away from maryland

Wait CThogs if she lives in Maryland how could she be close to New Jersey?
    It\'s not unusual for people to have to drive a couple of hours to get a hedgehog. A lot of people do.
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

yeah, everyone who has ever bought a hedgehog from me has driven at least 2-3 hours, sometimes more.

Heck I am driving 23 hours in May :evil: LOL
    Dani Marshall
    Home of the Broken Hedgehogs

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"As one voice I may be quiet but combined with a 1000 others we will change the world when it comes to animal welfare\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Oh well that\'s a little far for me i was hoping for somewhere a little closer

Well, you could look in to shipping a hedgehog if you really don\'t want to drive far.

starnightstarsky2000 wrote:
    Heck I am driving 23 hours in May :evil: LOL
    LOL you have to drive 23 hours to get a hedgie? where the heck do u live?

Unfortunately, there are just not that many breeders in every state. I lucked out and only had to drive a little more then an hour, I think that if you are trying to find a breeder it is worth the drive. You could probably find a pet store that carries them closer to you... but you risk bringing home a sick and/or inbred animal that may or may not be pregnant and most likely isn\'t nearly as socialized as ones from a breeder, which is obviously not the best choice.

Maybe you can talk a friend into making the trip with you? I\'m sure it wouldn\'t be too hard to do!

well i think shipping them might be scary for the hedgehog but maybe i can find a breeder a little closer than maryland but if i cant ill either just ship them or just drive.

jick wrote:
    Unfortunately, there are just not that many breeders in every state. I lucked out and only had to drive a little more then an hour, I think that if you are trying to find a breeder it is worth the drive. You could probably find a pet store that carries them closer to you... but you risk bringing home a sick and/or inbred animal that may or may not be pregnant and most likely isn\'t nearly as socialized as ones from a breeder, which is obviously not the best choice.

Maybe you can talk a friend into making the trip with you? I\'m sure it wouldn\'t be too hard to do!
    my hedgie was a pet store one (got him before discovering hedgehogworld.com lol) and hes perfect