Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: N.J Breeders

Re:N.J Breeders

R@RRRpiggy wrote:
    my hedgie was a pet store one (got him before discovering hedgehogworld.com lol) and hes perfect
    That\'s great, but don\'t you think if you had found this site first you would have gone with a breeder? Don\'t get me wrong... it\'s really fantastic that you have a happy healthy hedgie. I just think that you get a lot more support from the breeder, even after sale support, that I\'m just not sure most pet shops have. Also, breeders know the entire lineage of the hedgehog so they can assure you that they are free from disease or genetic problems.

no if i was to get another one it would definitly be from a breeder. but pet store ones still need love too

LOL I live in KS but an driving out to NH to get some hedgies from Kelly as well as Stasi and Ann but then again I am also going to the gerbil show. I was just being silly but yes I am making a 23 hour trip mainly to get some hedgehogs.
    Dani Marshall
    Home of the Broken Hedgehogs

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"As one voice I may be quiet but combined with a 1000 others we will change the world when it comes to animal welfare\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Senior Member Hedgehogmadhatter's Avatar

pricklesnquills wrote:
    yeah, everyone who has ever bought a hedgehog from me has driven at least 2-3 hours, sometimes more.

Haha! I drove 2.5 hours to get my baby from Emily in Decemeber! Honestly I know gas prices are INSANE and driving isn\'t always fun but its worth the drive because my hedgehog is gorgeous, healthy and good tempered! Also my friend who came with me tried to carry off some Emily\'s other pets j/k... oh the hazzards of hedgehog breeding, I think the hardest part is giving up your babies!

~Sara
    There's no love like HEDGEHOG LOVE!

Hedgehogmadhatter wrote:
    pricklesnquills wrote:
    yeah, everyone who has ever bought a hedgehog from me has driven at least 2-3 hours, sometimes more.

Haha! I drove 2.5 hours to get my baby from Emily in Decemeber! Honestly I know gas prices are INSANE and driving isn\'t always fun but its worth the drive because my hedgehog is gorgeous, healthy and good tempered! Also my friend who came with me tried to carry off some Emily\'s other pets j/k... oh the hazzards of hedgehog breeding, I think the hardest part is giving up your babies!

~Sara
    lol, the farthest one of my babies has gone is FL. I\'m glad you\'re happy with Harley!

And yes, it\'s hard to give the babies up

Post edited by: pricklesnquills, at: 2008/01/31 18:32

Stasi, do you ship hedgehogs?

Woops, I said that twice lol

sylvia wrote:
    Stasi, Do you ship hedgehogs?
    I\'m pretty sure she does.

Alright thanks maybe ill do that

sylvia wrote:
    Stasi, Do you ship hedgehogs?
    I do, but generally not to NJ, as the round trip via car is significantly less time. Shipping can only be done on larger jets, and generally, for the 1 hour hop from BWI to Newark (for example) they use commuter jets, which do not allow animals. So, in order for the hedgehog to fly in, they\'d have to fly to other places first, for example, leaving BWI (Baltimore) going to Houston,TX! and THEN back to Newark.
    Terrapin Hedgehogs in MD Serving all of the mid-Atlantic and beyond!|
    Hedgehog World