Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bigger Better Hedgehog Fest?

Bigger Better Hedgehog Fest?

Our first Hedgehog Fest went so well, that I would like the next one to be bigger and better. I\'m thinking trophies in addition to the huge ribbons we gave out, lots more prizes, name tag ribbons for all those showing, and more swag.

In order to do all this, I would have to up the entry free. So you tell me how much would you be willing to pay to enter your hedgehog in a show? Ferret shows run about $20 per category, dog shows can run from $15 to $75. I don\'t know anything about other animal shows. I\'m thinking $10-$15, but I don\'t want to chase people away by making it too expensive. I would rather do less and have more people at the show.

So let me know what everyone wants, and I will try to make it happen.

-K
    Kelly Sosik-Hamor
    Hamor Hollow Hedgehogs, a New Hampshire breeder
    Do you want to buy a baby Hedgehog? Ask me if they are available |
    Hedgehog World

Re:Bigger Better Hedgehog Fest?

Bigger I could see... But better? Hedgehog fest ROCKED!

I\'d do 10 to 15 maybe even 20 but those name tags better be sparkly However, I\'m not going to enter her in the games this time... she made it quite clear what she thought about them the last time (I\'m still waiting for our ribbon for most times peeing on the game room floor...:whistle:
    Family: Ava & Gelsomina - Hedgehogs
    Enoch & Fellini - Cats
    Meneo - Dog
    Carlo - Human

Maybe for certain events the winner could get suttin like a hedgiebag or something.

Just a thought.

I think $10 entrance fee is doable. Maybe a discount if you register a lot of hedgies....like $10.00 per hedgehog, if you register 3-4 they could be $8 each, 5-6 $5 each??
    Julie Pierce
    Pierce\\\'s Pogs
    www.piercespogs.com

I think that 10 dollars would be a good price. I can\'t wait to go to a hedgehog fest!

CandJ327 wrote:

I\'d do 10 to 15 maybe even 20 but those name tags better be sparkly However, I\'m not going to enter her in the games this time... she made it quite clear what she thought about them the last time (I\'m still waiting for our ribbon for most times peeing on the game room floor...:whistle:
    Hmmm...maybe I should add one in for next time.......It will be yellow. :pinch:

-K
    Kelly Sosik-Hamor
    Hedgehog World

CandJ327 wrote:

We actually had some nice prizes given out to the show winners from color to group and best of show. There were tote bags, chocolates, hedgehog statues, etc.

-K
    Kelly Sosik-Hamor
    Hedgehog World

Julie Pierce wrote:
    I think $10 entrance fee is doable. Maybe a discount if you register a lot of hedgies....like $10.00 per hedgehog, if you register 3-4 they could be $8 each, 5-6 $5 each??
    I\'m afraid that ma be penalizing and discouraging to our owners who only have one or 2 hedgehogs. I don\'t want non-breeders to feel unwelcome or like the breeders are going to take all the prizes.

-K
    Kelly Sosik-Hamor
    Hedgehog World

I\'m still waiting for our ribbon for most times peeing on the game room floor...
    Hmmm...maybe I should add one in for next time.......It will be yellow.
    Ask about our hedgehog who peed in the ball and then couldn\'t run cause it was too slippery
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

I think $10 sounds about right. I would expect that there be ribbons for every entry though. I\'m not sure what they are called but sort of a \"thanks for participating\" kind of thing. Nothing fancy, just a memento to bring home. Definitely makes participating in a judging a little less stressful if you know your hedgie is going to be recognized for something.