Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bigger Better Hedgehog Fest?

Re:Bigger Better Hedgehog Fest?

Unfortunately with being the host, I just don\'t get enough free time to relax and enjoy chatting. I\'m a bit jealous of everyone else. Things ran smoother this show (just because we had a little experience and made a few changes), so I did get to show a few hedgehogs this time.

We have to get our New England Hedgehog group back together and meeting on a regular basis. Then I will have time to visit with everyone.

I\'ll let the school know that the hot dogs were a big hit. The pizza was from a different place and I don\'t think it was as good as last year. If there are any requests, I can go to the school and see if they can add them. They are limited by health code regulations and they get a permit every time to sell the food. Maybe some rice crispy treats or popcorn balls would be nice. I\'d love to see some cup cakes with decorated hedgehogs on them, but that\'s probably asking a lot.

Any requests or suggestions for next year?

K
    Kelly Sosik-Hamor
    Hamor Hollow Hedgehogs, a New Hampshire breeder
    Do you want to buy a baby Hedgehog? Ask me if they are available |
    Hedgehog World

Hedgehog Fest was amazing! Dingo and I had so much fun :cheer:

I didn\'t even eat at the fest. I was having so much fun doing everything else! I\'m not sure if it\'s really \"top priority\", but some vegetarian-friendly food would be nice. I\'m not sure if I was the only Veg-Head there or not lol!
    Maybe a veggie pizza next time, if it\'s possible. I don\'t want to be a bugger about it though :blush:
    -Laura
    22 Years Old
    New York
    Mommy of Dingo the African Pygmy Hedgehog

I\'m a vegetarian as well Laura...I vote for veggie pizza as well- the cheese wasn\'t bad though.

HedgeFest was fun, definitely worth the trip- \'specially since my hedgie won a 1st place ribbon and all... Thanks for letting me show Kelly, it was fun!

Everyone who can come next time, definitely should! Lots of hard work went into this and it showed (and was appreciated)- thanks to everyone involved!

I will suggest the veggie pizza and maybe some other veg-friendly stuff. I think it\'s a great idea!

K
    Kelly Sosik-Hamor
    Hedgehog World

The blueberry muffins were yummy and the show was great! It was good to see everyone there
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

Dang! I missed the muffins! That stinks, but I guess that happens. When you run everything, you don\'t always get to see the little things. Next time I will need an official food grabber to make sure I get my muffin.

The show pics are up: Hedgehog Fest II Pics

The pictures don\'t due justice to the amount of fun we had. If you missed this Hedgehog Fest, start making your plans now for Hedgehog Fest III coming in early Oct 2009! Stay tuned to our website for and official announcement of the date.

K
    Kelly Sosik-Hamor
    Hedgehog World

Great photos!! Looks like everyone had fun! :laugh:

And that huff and puff t-shirt was super cute!! :silly:

Yes, it was an absolute blast. We are planning Hedgehog Fest III for early Oct 2009, so start making plans now to join us!

K
    Kelly Sosik-Hamor
    Hedgehog World