Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Litter training tips please!!

Litter training tips please!!

Hi everybody!

Since I am making Tweetle a new and better cage, I figured that I should try litter training again, if I succeed, then I will be really happy! Lol!

Well I have read up on it on websites and stuff, but nothing compares to the awesome input and suggestions that all you guys give!

So bascically any input you can give me on litter training Tweetle would be good. Like things that have worked/not worked for you, your favorite litter, etc.

Thanks!! :silly:

~Felicia

Re:Litter training tips please!!

sorry i can\'t help you. i\'m in the same position w/ my hedgie(well, kinda?)

I know this may sound simple, but really all I did was fill a cookie sheet with Carefresh and put it under Omelette\'s wheel. But it doesn\'t really matter what kind of litter you decide to use. As long as it\'s different than the bedding. Also try putting a few of Tweetle\'s leavings in the litter tray. That will help him understand that\'s where you want them from now on.
    \\\"It is not one swallow or one fine day that makes a spring\\\" - Aristotle (384 BCE - 322 BCE)

Wouldn\'t a full cookie sheet be a little big????

~Felicia

It actually isn\'t a full cookie sheet. It\'s much smaller. Maybe more like a biscuit pan? You can see it in the pic I posted under the thread \"Share Your Cage\". But anything similar would work just as well.
    \\\"It is not one swallow or one fine day that makes a spring\\\" - Aristotle (384 BCE - 322 BCE)

I just put a paper towel under peanut\'s wheel and she miraculously just goes on that. I don\'t know how she knows to do that she just did.
    Becky and Peanut

yeah i ma not having tooo much luck with my silvio, i got a small pizza pan for him but he just leaves his droppings every where but the pan, i was thinking it is too slippary for him, but i think a cookie sheet whould be about the same...............

What are you putting in the pizza pan? I usually put non-toxic newspaper or a paper towel, then put Carefresh over that. I\'ve never had problems with Omelette slipping in it. Where do you have it located? Are you putting Silvio\'s droppings in the pan so he knows that\'s where you want them?

You could also use cat litter, as long as it\'s non clumping.
    ~ Helen ~
    Proud owner of: Hazel, Lilu, Ivan, & Quentin
    email: helenshedgehogs@live.ca

I just use the glad pan that came with my carolina storm wheel, place it under the wheel and fill it with Yesterdays News. It really does a good job of absorbing odors too. I only change out the litter twice a week and I never smell anything..
    Mommy to hedgies Sedrick and Jasmine