Thread: Why is Corpus against Hedgehogs?

Why is Corpus against Hedgehogs?

Can anyone tell me why Corpus Christi outlawed hedgehogs? So far it\'s only a city law, not state wide. I just can\'t imagine why such cute, helpful animals would not be allowed in the city! Corpus is infamous for roaches, so you\'d think it would be mandatory to own one (I do realize you should not feed hedgehogs \"wild\" bugs).

Re:Why is Corpus against Hedgehogs?

I have yet to figure out why hedgies are outlawed anywhere here in the continental US! They can\'t get out of hand due to the simple fact that they have been in captivity for YEARS!

OH and the fact that they would never survive the winters in the continental US...

It just does NOT make sense!
    Mommy to:
    5 kids-KJ, Walker, Rand, Kierlyn, Raed
    14 Hedgies- Tumbleweed, Marvin, Aodhan, Shiner, Mobic, Gemma, Kisses, Lydia, Grace, Nebula, Mireya, Isis, LadyBell and Gwynn

I think humans naturally have a fear of the unknown, and for some people, hedgehogs probably are unknown (no excuse to outlaw them, but that\'s my take on it, they\'d rather be \"safe than sorry\" ). Likely, if you can get heard by them, they\'ll re-peal the law. There was this boy in Lawrence KS (I think, somewhere near me anyway) who got hedgehogs made legal there. It took him a while to get heard, but once he did, it was obvious that they had no reason for hedgehogs to be illegal, so they made hedgies legal in Lawrence.
    Pets:
    Timmy (M, neutered) and Smokey (F, spayed) the Maine Coon and something else rescue cats.
    Aureus (M) the goldfish.
    Raeka and Reyna (both female) my hedgies!
    Mystique (unknown, called she) the house centipede.
    4 Minnows and some crickets.
    R.I.P. Briar, Pepper, Roslin, and Aragorn.

Yep.. it was Lawrence!
    Mommy to:
    5 kids-KJ, Walker, Rand, Kierlyn, Raed
    14 Hedgies- Tumbleweed, Marvin, Aodhan, Shiner, Mobic, Gemma, Kisses, Lydia, Grace, Nebula, Mireya, Isis, LadyBell and Gwynn