Thread: what to do about pet store hedgie???

what to do about pet store hedgie???

So a local pet store i go to in West Roxbury MA has a african pygmy hedgehog for sale. This poor little hedgie has been in the store since June and I feel really bad. Does anyone know of a person who rescues hedgies in a situtation like this? I have been checking up on the little hedgie and it is eating sunseed hedgie food and has a wheel. I dunno the poor hedgie just seems sad. Is there anything that can been done for this poor little guy?
    I have two lovely hedgehog girls. Leni is a pinto and Higgins is gray and they are the best!

Re:what to do about pet store hedgie???

Sounds like the sitution my little girl was in, she was a pet store hedgie and was there for 4 months, but she was not looked after at all, no wheel, no heat etc. so i had to buy her, i couldnt leave her to live like that any longer.

dunno what to help...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Visit my online shop at Boutique Recipes

Ok, that is so sad.

I know that there are some hedgehog rescue organizations and somebody on this board runs one. Maybe somebody will provide more information.

Is it possible for you to rescue the hedgie and start the rehab process?

Andrea

I wish i could but I am not able to take in the little hedgie right now. I hope somebody reads this post and is able to help
    I have two lovely hedgehog girls. Leni is a pinto and Higgins is gray and they are the best!

Try contacting the Hedgehog Welfare Society. There are people all around America who rescue. If the conditions are unacceptable, consider reporting them to SPCA or your local Animal Services.

-Amanda
    I have learned a lot from my animals. When things get messed up it is best to just take a deep breath and laugh. Life is too short to be upset, especially with those who bring love and laughter into your life.

The Petstore where I bought my Squee still has the grouchy big one. I do go in every few days to pick him up and try to get him handleable. Luckily it is a small store and they let me do that. Today I bought him a treat (mealworms) for coming out of his ball after his usual huffy tantrum.

I wish I could buy him and take him home. I feel your pain about seeing them like this with no love, especially since my baby came from the same cage and he is a spoiled brat.
    Proud owner of a blind hedgie (Squeebles), a spoiled Siamese cat, one Manx-Mix goodness knows what else cat, 3 fish, and 2 hermit crabs.

I thought the Boutique Recipes was one that had recipes for Hedgies? since it is right under the little hedgie emagine my surprise to find it was different kinds of soups and such LOL