Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: silly hedgie

Winston had another moment yesterday. If an effort to get my boyfriend out of bed (he was awake, just didn't want to get out of bed), I put Winston in there with him. I didn't expect Winston to love it so much, that he REFUSED his sleep sack and tried his best to dig a spot to get comfy. After he was done exploring, he found his spot and crashed. I let him sleep in the bed for about an hour or so before I returned him to his cage. Then last night, I got him out again and had his sleep sack on the sofa beside me. He went in munched on some food, then kept sticking his nose out, and sniffing his sack (like I just washed it). He was no longer content with his sleep sack, and wanted back in my bed. John then grabs the sheet, folds it over a few times, and lays it over Winston. He explored that, found his spot, got comfy, and passed out again. Talk about being spoiled.
    Momma to Wilhelmina Wiggles, and Winston Willobee III who has crossed the rainbow bridge.

Watch out-Winston will be hogging the covers before you know it
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

Another silly hedgie moment, but with my Mina this time. We have discovered that Mina prefers to runs around her cage rather than in the wheel (luckily she has a big cage). She seems to be bored, I've tried to give her tubes and cat balls, but she doesn't show any interest in the tubes and very little in the cat balls. When I woke up Saturday morning, she was still up and I was able to get her craziness on video.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sSHa5MJKzk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUMUXJa55zxIaYJZcJA8QrZQ
    Last edited by termonjai; 10-27-2013 at 07:40 PM. Reason: link isn't working
    Momma to Wilhelmina Wiggles, and Winston Willobee III who has crossed the rainbow bridge.

AWESOME! Thank you for posting!

That's a good video for showing how fast hedgies can be. She is going to keep you busy lol. It looks like she likes tunnels-maybe try more tunnels or a maze?
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

I'm thinking she would totally dig a maze. Need to set one up for her and see if she shows any interest. She's shy about running in front of us. No mater how late I stay up at night, she never gets up. She waits until we're in bed before she starts her madness. Occasionally, she'll still be up when we get up in the morning, but that usually isn't for very long. I was lucky enough to get this video.

Yeah-try a maze and see how she does. We've put treats at the end and they can learn it pretty quickly The grayer days in winter may get her out earlier or at different times too. If we've had a bunch of stormy days in a row most of the hedgehogs will get up in the afternoon sometimes.
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs