Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know what kind of hedgehog this is?

Anyone know what kind of hedgehog this is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DisHj...eature=related
    This hedgie is just too cute! But what is it??

Tig

Re:Anyone know what kind of hedgehog this is?

it looks like a lil\' fox! with quills!
    Mommy to Quills and scales a-plenty
    R.I.P Nova <3
    www.freewebs.com/ohhedgehogs
    or find me on facebook : ohhedgehogs & reptiles

could is be a hedgehog tenrec? this is a link I found and it looks close.....
    http://www.lifeonwhite.com/index.php...ge&imgid=13265
    Mommy to:
    5 kids-KJ, Walker, Rand, Kierlyn, Raed
    14 Hedgies- Tumbleweed, Marvin, Aodhan, Shiner, Mobic, Gemma, Kisses, Lydia, Grace, Nebula, Mireya, Isis, LadyBell and Gwynn

Administrator

I know exactly what it is! It\'s a freaking cute, and wants to be a MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Becca

I thought it had a very fox-ish face, too! I looked up more images of echinops telfairi (lesser hedgehog tenrec) and I think Jo figure it out; that\'s exactly what it looks like! I had the greater hedgehog tenrec (setifer setosis) for a while, and they had much more shrew-like faces. Nowhere near as cute as this little guy. Now... how do we get them...?

Tig

Here\'s another video of one, so cute! My greater hedgehog tenrec used to clean themselves the same way. I guess it\'s their version of annointing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcIGy0hh8Z0

Tig

ahhh sooo cuuttteeee!

It looks more like a long eared hedgehog to me though. They look more fox-ish than the tenrec.

http://www.treknature.com/gallery/Mi.../photo4131.htm

nannyogg: That video is so funny and cute! I love the way tenrecs annoint with their hands.

I have seen some tenrecs (lessor). Their eyes seem more like our hedgehogs, very round. I couldn\'t decide if these eyes looked like that.

If you get one, be sure you know that they seriously bite--I never hold that against an animal but it is very hard I think--and it is very hard to tell the males and females apart. The males eyes around breeding time get a little swollen I think. A change in eye appear takes my eyes places I don\'t want to go lol. It can be very hard to tell, even by breeders.

There is a NY breeder trying to buy a pair in our area. I don\'t know her name. She has a mill. Let\'s pray she doesn\'t get a pair.

Page

The only way I knew my greater tenrec were male or female is the person I got them from had them marked; I never could figure it out. Unfortunately, one of my females died in childbirth, one killed two litters, and that was the end of their reproduction. They were a few years old when I got them. Mine only ever bit one person; it didn\'t break the skin, but it did leave quite the dental impression!! I made sure to keep my skin away from their mouths, LOL.

Tig

It\'s one of those long-eared hedgehogs from India. Just look up \"long eared hedgehog\" in google images, it should pop up.