Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Food brands you trust. :)

The biggest problem with any type of dog food is the kibble size. You can use some dog foods with the hedgehogs but you would have to grind or chop it up.
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

Quote Originally Posted by CThogs View Post
    The biggest problem with any type of dog food is the kibble size. You can use some dog foods with the hedgehogs but you would have to grind or chop it up.
    it is not just the size but the hardness. when she was a tiny puppy, Llama had problems chewing it.
    My kids are Sweetie, Harvey the Blondie Bear (hoglets), Llama, and Vlada (toy poodles). RIP Lancik. We miss you so much.

Hi guys...
    Im really new in hedgehog caretaking.
    I found that all Royal Canin variety i could find in my area contain BHA as preservative (eg. Royal Canin adult Fit 32, exigent 35/30 and much more).
    From what i read on the web BHA is causing cancer. Is BHA safe for hedgehog? Please help, im really confused. thanks...

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/small-...67/10381/11271

Im in the UK but am going to order this from the US!

Some of you are recomending sunseed hedgehog food? Do you know where I can buy it online in EU?

From what i read on the web BHA is causing cancer. Is BHA safe for hedgehog? Please help, im really confused. thanks...
    You want to avoid foods that have BHA. Most foods do not use this as a preservative anymore

Some of you are recomending sunseed hedgehog food? Do you know where I can buy it online in EU?
    I wouldn't feed it alone, but it could be part of a mix of foods. Some of the hedgehogs don't like it very much-when you look at the ingredients a lot of it is fish meals-it looks more like fish food than hedgehog food in my opinion.
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

Yes they are to hard to chew,I had a chihauah that I had to buy diamond puppy food for as his mouth was so small he couldn't chew the normal small breed puppy foods so that tells me that the hedgies would have a real hard time chewing it as well.I am trying to find the perfect food for my Isabo (AKA ISA).Good luck and I will keep check on the threads about the foods.

I find Natural Choice small breed dog food does just fine with the hedgies. there are a few other dog foods I occasionally add, but the NC is a regular part of my mix. As for corn in the food as a filler, yes, lots of the pet foods do have that. However, I have not noticed any decrease in quality of life, or life span in my hedgehogs. So, I will continue to feed it. Personal choice, but based on 12+ years of breeding and feeding.
    Terrapin Hedgehogs in MD Serving all of the mid-Atlantic and beyond!|
    Hedgehog World