Thread: Hedgehog Fest Hotel Issue

Hedgehog Fest Hotel Issue

Our usual Hotel has changed their policy and will not allow us to have our hedgehogs, so I am in the process of making other arrangements. We are looking for another hotel/ motel that will allow our pets or alternate arrangements for them to either stay at our host school (in the warm quarentiene room) or with a local breeder.

Please post here is you will be attending Hedgehog Fest and you need over night accommodations for your hedgehogs.

Kelly
    Kelly Sosik-Hamor
    Hamor Hollow Hedgehogs, a New Hampshire breeder
    Do you want to buy a baby Hedgehog? Ask me if they are available |
    Hedgehog World

So jealous! I wish I could go, wonder if they'll ever have any hedgehog shows in Ontario. You would think Toronto would, they have tons of other pet expos.
    ~ Helen ~
    Proud owner of: Hazel, Lilu, Ivan, & Quentin
    email: helenshedgehogs@live.ca

Do you know why they changed their policy? There were no real issues with having the hedgies in the rooms--I kept spikey and mr. pickles in their travel cages in the tub. There was no mess and I did not even have maid service while we were there. I am just curious as to why the hotel would want to lose business, especially in the recession.

Andrea

No idea. It's a 'No Pets' policy across the board, so it has nothing to do with us. We are having serious issues with finding a hotel that will allow us to bring our hedgehogs. There is one, but they want a $100 non-refundable deposit.

Here's the solution for now: Please contact me if you are coming to hedgehog Fest with your hedgehog and you need a place to stay. Jen from Crespo's Crazy Critters and Julie from Pierce's Pogs have offered to take your hedgehogs in for the night. It may also be a possibility for them to stay at the school overnight in the heated reptile room.

Kelly
    Kelly Sosik-Hamor
    Hamor Hollow Hedgehogs, a New Hampshire breeder
    Do you want to buy a baby Hedgehog? Ask me if they are available |
    Hedgehog World

A quick search and I found these listed as pet friendly hotels...
    http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-broc...SKq4GRZrt%2BSx
    Quality Inn (MA012) 1005 BELMONT ST, Brockton, MA, US, 02301
    Phone: (508) 588-3333
    Fax: (508) 588-3334

or

http://www.petswelcome.com/cgi-bin/m6frame.pl
    Motel 6 Boston West - Framingham #1249
    1668 Worcester Road
    I-90 at SR 9, Exit #12
    Framingham, MA, 01702
    Phone: (508) 620-0500
    FAX: (508) 820-0868