Thread: Hedgehog Fest 2010 Pre-registration

Hedgehog Fest 2010 Pre-registration

Pre-registration is up now, go to http://www.hedgehogfest.com and register your hedgehogs now. You must pre-register to receive the discounted entry fee (you save $3/ entry).

The Jr. Handler class is limited to 30 and is filling up quick. Make sure you pre-register now.

http://www.hedgehogfest.com

Kelly
    Kelly Sosik-Hamor
    Hamor Hollow Hedgehogs, a New Hampshire breeder
    Do you want to buy a baby Hedgehog? Ask me if they are available |
    Hedgehog World

So I can't remember if I have already asked this before, I coudn't find it if I did... but what is going to happen in the Jr handler class? My two neices ages 7 and 5 are taking Yammers in this class and they keep asking me what is going to be asked of them! From memory, last year the kids had to hold the hedgie and give it to the judge while she asked them a question? What kind of questions?

I can't tell you the questions, but they are very basic intro to hedgehogs questions. The kids will get bonus points for elaborating on their answer or using bigger words (more for the 9-13 are group). The questions are the same for each group (I think there are 3), but we aren't going to correct the kids if they are wrong (that way you can't get the answer from your neighbor). HINT: If a 2nd grader was giving a 3 minute report on hedgehogs, what would they say?

The most important thing is that they can handle the hedgehog. A blanket may be used, but you get more points if you DON'T use one. Use eye contact with the judge, don't be too nervous, and have fun. And everyone wins!

K
    Last edited by HamorHollow; 10-06-2010 at 06:22 PM.
    Kelly Sosik-Hamor
    Hedgehog World

Thanks Kelly! I think my girls should be ready They are so excited and last I heard they made hedgie t-shirts to wear!

I meant to say that 'You get more points if you Don't use a blanket." IE: if you hold the hedgehog with your bare hands.

I can't wait to see the shirts! Make sure Sean gets a picture of them together.

K
    Kelly Sosik-Hamor
    Hedgehog World