Thread: Introducing: Meranda aka_meerkat

Introducing: Meranda aka_meerkat

Hello everyone. I\'ve been lurking around the website for a couple of days and finally got a forum account last night. I suspect that I\'ll be posting here quite a bit, so I figured that I should introduce myself.

My real name is Meranda. Meerkat is an old internet nick, a play on the common shorthand \'Mer\'. I recently moved to Baltimore Maryland from a teeny town outside Reno, Nevada. I don\'t live with a hedgehog (yet), nor have I ever met one in person (yet), but they intrigue me!

Growing up, I never had fewer then three pets, which at various times included two cats, a dog, two guinea pigs and a fish. I moved to Baltimore in January and reside in a teeny one-bedroom apartment with my boyfriend. Needless to say, I really miss having animal companions. My place is far too small to provide a cat with a properly enriched life, I think, and even a small dog would be unsuitable to my lifestyle (I have health problems that make regular outdoors exercise impossible). I discovered hedgehogs on the web in my search for a \'small pet\' that would suit my personality and lifestyle.

So, as good prospective pet \'owners\' should, I\'m doing my research. That\'s where the forum comes in I have tons of questions and I\'m really looking forward to conversing with hedgehog owners. Hopefully, you won\'t find my barrage of questions too numerous or silly
    Meranda, aka Meerkat
    Neophyte and Hedgie Mum to Poe

* avatar image by brent moore, used per his terms

Re:Introducing: Meranda aka_meerkat

hello...
    Natalie !

Administrator

Welcome to hedgehogworld! We love new members here, they take some of the teasing off of Natalie.
    Just kidding, Natalie and Kelly still get 90% of the teasing.
    We love questions, so hop right in, read what is already here, and feel free to ask anything that comes to mind! When we run out of questions to answer, Kelly starts posting her \"weakly jokes\". And boy are some of them weak!
    Becca

Wow! Now I\'m being made fun of in other regional forums. *pout* Oh well, at least people are talking about me. Good, bad, or indiferant, an long as I can infect their minds. :silly:

You should look up Stasi from Terrapin hedgehogs. She is in Joppa, probably about an hour away from you. She pops onto the forums once in awhile.

-Kelly
    Kelly Sosik-Hamor
    Hamor Hollow Hedgehogs, a New Hampshire breeder
    Do you want to buy a baby Hedgehog? Ask me if they are available |
    Hedgehog World

Welcome welcome welcome! I am a new mom of a baby hedgie, Oliver , and I have found this site to be awesome for answering questions and finding out everything I still need to know.

I have six other pets besides Oliver and he has been a super addition to my litle zoo!

Enjoy this community!
    Linda

HamorHollow wrote:
    You should look up Stasi from Terrapin hedgehogs.
    I actually found hedgehogworld through Stasi\'s website :laugh:

I got a reply from her just now when I checked my mail and we\'ll be setting up an appointment so that I can meet her hedgies. I\'m very, VERY excited

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and encouragement. I looked at a couple of forums before finding hedgehogworld and this one seemed to have the largest group of active, helpful, knowledgeable members. I\'m glad to hear that\'s the case, particularly because there\'s so much incorrect information to wade through elsewhere on the web.
    Meranda, aka Meerkat
    Neophyte and Hedgie Mum to Poe

* avatar image by brent moore, used per his terms

Well, We think we are the best! *pats self on back and encourages the rest of the group to do the same* :woohoo:
    Kelly Sosik-Hamor
    Hamor Hollow Hedgehogs, a New Hampshire breeder
    Do you want to buy a baby Hedgehog? Ask me if they are available |
    Hedgehog World