View Poll Results: What kind of wheel does your hedgehog use?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bucket or cake top wheel

12 25.00%
  • Comfort wheel

16 33.33%
  • Flying saucer

4 8.33%
  • Mesh wheel (not recommended)

0 0%
  • Metal wheel

1 2.08%
  • Silent spinner

13 27.08%
  • Wodent wheel

0 0%
  • other

2 4.17%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hedgehog wheels

You are right, it is a cake spinner lol. There just wasn't an option for that!

I changed it to bucket or cake top wheel-anything else you want changed, added, removed? It only gives you space for 8 choices
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

Oh thanks! Looks like the comfort wheel is still in the lead.....not by too much though!

I have the comfort wheels right now... planning on eventually making my own wheels though... the comforts are cheap and relatively sturdy... but NOISY!!! LOL
    Mommy to:
    5 kids-KJ, Walker, Rand, Kierlyn, Raed
    14 Hedgies- Tumbleweed, Marvin, Aodhan, Shiner, Mobic, Gemma, Kisses, Lydia, Grace, Nebula, Mireya, Isis, LadyBell and Gwynn

I have the flying saucer, and my babies seem to really like it!! Marta

I don't care for the flying saucers. It has been noticed that with some of the hedgehogs(especially larger hegies), it makes them cross their legs to keep on the wheel. This can possibly cause problems with their leg/hip joints and muscles since in nature they don't twist and turn their legs like that.
    Mommy to:
    14 Hedgies- Tumbleweed, Marvin, Aodhan, Shiner, Mobic, Gemma, Kisses, Lydia, Grace, Nebula, Mireya, Isis, LadyBell and Gwynn

http://www.hedgehogworld.com/showthr...flying+saucers
    This is the link to the previous discussion on the saucer wheels....
    Mommy to:

hedgehog123
    Quote Originally Posted by HamorHollow View Post
    I protest! Lary's wheel is a Cake Spinner, not a bucket wheel! LOL

K
    i agree!!

Quote Originally Posted by hogdehog123 View Post
    i agree!!
    Well, technically he has a bucket wheel now too....... But the original is still a cake spinner (no relation to a salad spinner)

K
    Kelly Sosik-Hamor
    Hamor Hollow Hedgehogs, a New Hampshire breeder
    Do you want to buy a baby Hedgehog? Ask me if they are available |
    Hedgehog World

I wish I could change my answer. I had a Comfort Wheel for my girl, Mr. President, but she stopped liking it. It was strange - she used to run on it for long stretches, but she stopped and just didn't care about it anymore. I debated between the Flying Saucer and the Carolina Bucket Wheel, but eventually I went with the Flying Saucer because 1) the Comfort Wheel and Larry's wheel are similar in shape. Maybe Mr. President doesn't like walls in front of her? And 2) I can return the Flying Saucer (without worrying about shipping costs) if she doesn't like it, and then I'll try Larry's.

So far, so good. She's still getting used to it, but she's running more. I'll keep an eye on whether she runs funny. I think she's still small enough for now.