+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Craigslist hedgies

Thumbs down Craigslist hedgies

I've seriously seen at least 4 hedgehogs posted on craigslist for rehoming in the lower mainland of BC. what is with every one getting rid of their pets lately?
    pets name: Avi species: puerto rican pinktoe tarantula name: Fluffy species: chilean rose hair tarantula name: Peaches species: panama red rump tarantula name: Pipsqueak species: grey&white rex/hooded/dumbo eared rat name: IxiePixie species: fawn&white fancy/hooded/regular eared rat name: smudge species: emperor scorpion

I'm worried about the homes these hedgies will be going to even though the people are asking for big rehoming fee's.
    http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rd...368016613.html
    http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...366028105.html
    http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...366572345.html
    http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...368110621.html
    some body help the hedgies!!!
    pets name: Avi species: puerto rican pinktoe tarantula name: Fluffy species: chilean rose hair tarantula name: Peaches species: panama red rump tarantula name: Pipsqueak species: grey&white rex/hooded/dumbo eared rat name: IxiePixie species: fawn&white fancy/hooded/regular eared rat name: smudge species: emperor scorpion

That's something that's always happened- unfortunately a lot of people really don't think through their decision to get an exotic pet, or their life circumstances change.

what makes me mad is when I get an email with a craigslist link and I open it and it's one of the babies I have bred and sold and the people selling the hedgehog (often times for more than what they paid for them) signed a contract with me stating they would return the hedgehog to me anytime in it's life if they could no longer care for them.
    mom to:

Mace, Farha, Odette, Rosalind, Beatrice, Heidi and other retirees and rescues.

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK AND MYSPACE

Senior Member nico0lagouldsmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
    what makes me mad is when I get an email with a craigslist link and I open it and it's one of the babies I have bred and sold and the people selling the hedgehog (often times for more than what they paid for them) signed a contract with me stating they would return the hedgehog to me anytime in it's life if they could no longer care for them.
    that would make me furious if I bred them and someone did that! They're still your babies as far as you're concerned and by making them sign a contract it proves that you would do anything to make sure the hedgies are safe. . .I hope you sent them a message stating that you're aware what they have done and offering to take them back again if need be!

Quote Originally Posted by nico0lagouldsmith View Post
    that would make me furious if I bred them and someone did that! They're still your babies as far as you're concerned and by making them sign a contract it proves that you would do anything to make sure the hedgies are safe. . .I hope you sent them a message stating that you're aware what they have done and offering to take them back again if need be!

nope never heard from her, I emailed her every day for a week, was very polite the first 3 or 4 days than basically did start getting ignorant to the point I talked to a lawyer but couldn't afford to pay a lawyer to go after her to get the hedgehog back. The ad was taken down but not sure if he sold him or because of my emails.
    mom to:

Mace, Farha, Odette, Rosalind, Beatrice, Heidi and other retirees and rescues.

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK AND MYSPACE

Senior Member nico0lagouldsmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
    nope never heard from her, I emailed her every day for a week, was very polite the first 3 or 4 days than basically did start getting ignorant to the point I talked to a lawyer but couldn't afford to pay a lawyer to go after her to get the hedgehog back. The ad was taken down but not sure if he sold him or because of my emails.
    I really hope that if he did get sold it was to someone who actually knew what they were doing and was planning on looking after them really well I know selling him will only encourage the seller to do it all over again but I just really hope for the hedgie's sake it was someone nice

+ Reply to Thread