+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Craigslist hedgies

  1. #1

    Thumbs down Craigslist hedgies

    I've seriously seen at least 4 hedgehogs posted on craigslist for rehoming in the lower mainland of BC. what is with every one getting rid of their pets lately?
    pets name: Avi species: puerto rican pinktoe tarantula name: Fluffy species: chilean rose hair tarantula name: Peaches species: panama red rump tarantula name: Pipsqueak species: grey&white rex/hooded/dumbo eared rat name: IxiePixie species: fawn&white fancy/hooded/regular eared rat name: smudge species: emperor scorpion

  2. #2
    I'm worried about the homes these hedgies will be going to even though the people are asking for big rehoming fee's.
    http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rd...368016613.html
    http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...366028105.html
    http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...366572345.html
    http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...368110621.html
    some body help the hedgies!!!
    pets name: Avi species: puerto rican pinktoe tarantula name: Fluffy species: chilean rose hair tarantula name: Peaches species: panama red rump tarantula name: Pipsqueak species: grey&white rex/hooded/dumbo eared rat name: IxiePixie species: fawn&white fancy/hooded/regular eared rat name: smudge species: emperor scorpion

  3. #3
    That's something that's always happened- unfortunately a lot of people really don't think through their decision to get an exotic pet, or their life circumstances change.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    northwest indiana
    Posts
    550
    what makes me mad is when I get an email with a craigslist link and I open it and it's one of the babies I have bred and sold and the people selling the hedgehog (often times for more than what they paid for them) signed a contract with me stating they would return the hedgehog to me anytime in it's life if they could no longer care for them.
    mom to:

    Mace, Farha, Odette, Rosalind, Beatrice, Heidi and other retirees and rescues.

    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK AND MYSPACE

  5. #5
    Senior Member nico0lagouldsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sheffield, UK
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
    what makes me mad is when I get an email with a craigslist link and I open it and it's one of the babies I have bred and sold and the people selling the hedgehog (often times for more than what they paid for them) signed a contract with me stating they would return the hedgehog to me anytime in it's life if they could no longer care for them.
    that would make me furious if I bred them and someone did that! They're still your babies as far as you're concerned and by making them sign a contract it proves that you would do anything to make sure the hedgies are safe. . .I hope you sent them a message stating that you're aware what they have done and offering to take them back again if need be!




  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    northwest indiana
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by nico0lagouldsmith View Post
    that would make me furious if I bred them and someone did that! They're still your babies as far as you're concerned and by making them sign a contract it proves that you would do anything to make sure the hedgies are safe. . .I hope you sent them a message stating that you're aware what they have done and offering to take them back again if need be!

    nope never heard from her, I emailed her every day for a week, was very polite the first 3 or 4 days than basically did start getting ignorant to the point I talked to a lawyer but couldn't afford to pay a lawyer to go after her to get the hedgehog back. The ad was taken down but not sure if he sold him or because of my emails.
    mom to:

    Mace, Farha, Odette, Rosalind, Beatrice, Heidi and other retirees and rescues.

    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK AND MYSPACE

  7. #7
    Senior Member nico0lagouldsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sheffield, UK
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
    nope never heard from her, I emailed her every day for a week, was very polite the first 3 or 4 days than basically did start getting ignorant to the point I talked to a lawyer but couldn't afford to pay a lawyer to go after her to get the hedgehog back. The ad was taken down but not sure if he sold him or because of my emails.
    I really hope that if he did get sold it was to someone who actually knew what they were doing and was planning on looking after them really well I know selling him will only encourage the seller to do it all over again but I just really hope for the hedgie's sake it was someone nice

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts