Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Differences between Hedgehog breeds

Re:Differences between Hedgehog breeds

So does that mean that people who own hedgehogs can move/take them into Georgia? I live in Virginia, but hopefully I\'ll go to college in Georgia.

Administrator

Sadly, it is illegal to have a pet hedgehog in Georgia. You can get a permit to BREED hedgehogs in GA, but can\'t sell them to pet homes within the state. So no, your hedgehog wouldn\'t be able to go to Georgia with you legally.
    Becca

Hedgehogs and strange laws seem to go hand in hand. :S I still don\'t know what\'s going on with my county: Fairfax County, Virginia and why it decided to be stuffy about hedgehogs in the first place (it looks like they\'ve silently given in).

Fortunatly my grandmother lives in Flordia so I can leave it with her and visit them more often then going home.

oh no thats horrible to realise that could result from the surge in interest. I actually was begged by a mate to have mine as his mummy rejected him. I hope they dont become some sorrid underground business empire :-(

UK hedgehog populations are declining, i'm prtty sure actually they're now protected. I posted a newspaper article i found about that: http://helenshedgehogs.blogspot.com/...tion-list.html. Making them pets could threaten their survival in the wild.
    ~ Helen ~
    Proud owner of: Hazel, Lilu, Ivan, & Quentin
    email: helenshedgehogs@live.ca

what's the status of Egyptian hogs in the UK?
    My kids are Sweetie, Harvey the Blondie Bear (hoglets), Llama, and Vlada (toy poodles). RIP Lancik. We miss you so much.

I'm having a hard time understanding why some states find them so bad...
    This is Cappuccino! Help me make her life better. :3