Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about beddings.

Administrator
    Typically, when people speak of newspaper pellets, they are referring to a product that they purchased that is a pet bedding made out of recycled newspaper. I don't know how or if someone could make pellets from home, I would think it would be pretty time consuming.
    Becca

Yes, it is pretty much time consuming. After you mix it all, you have to let it dry so the papers and plastic would really stick. But there's this disadvantage on paper pellets as bedding, it is dusty and could be dangerous to your hedgie's respiratory and could get to your hedgie's sensitive parts.
    There is no way to happiness, but HAPPINESS IS the WAY

\m/

i'm still using the wood shavings and just scoop those shavings that have the poop and the pees in it. it was less stressful compared to changing all the shavings.
    Add me in facebook! :3 www.facebook.com/dyamezdaily

so......Samson....how do you make those pellets?
    Crazy Hedgehog Lady

I buy the newspaper pellets, but I do sometimes make a newspaper bedding for my ferrets litter trays! I just mold it in the tray and let it dry out, then I can just switch it out with another one when I am done!

( I just checked my old link, and found out it is no longer working, but here is the place I got the idea from! It is basically like paper mache!
    http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=346016.0

This place also has alot of other COOL pet related DIY projects!
    Proud parent of....20 pets!! I have 4 ferrets, 3 hedgies, 3 tortoises, 5 chinchillas, a STO, a Bufo Alvarius, and a Gopher snake, and my 2 dogs .......It's ALWAYS feeding time, for someone in my house!