Thread: Suggested treats?

Red face Suggested treats?

My hedgie Tucker doesn't take a huge interest in treats but prefers his dry car food. Any suggestions? I've tried mealworms a few times. Strawberries he will taste but becomes uninterested. Blueberries mangoes and raspberries are a no. I want to give him more variety so he gets all the nutrition he needs. I wanted to try yogurt drops but all the ones in the store have so much sugar! Does anyone know any good brands? Also I hear ppl give cooked veggies. What about dried ones? Carrot & pea chips? I have some freeze dried grasshoppers that are for my water dragon would those be ok? They are quite large - do I smash them up? I've also heard bananas tend to be a hit with hedgies. Are banana chips ok or stick to fresh soft bananas? What about raw apples-or do those HAVE to be baked?
    So many questions! Deff shows how new I am to this. Any answers/suggestions/tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Kelly Sosik-Hamor
    Hamor Hollow Hedgehogs, a New Hampshire breeder
    Do you want to buy a baby Hedgehog? Ask me if they are available |
    Hedgehog World

A lot of ours like freeze dried crickets so the grasshoppers may be a hit. If they are really large, yes, I would break them into pieces. Do not give a lot at once cause hedgies stomachs are small and if you give too many treats they won't eat their regular food.
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

These are all hedgie safe treats;
    Meats;
    Cooked Minced Beef
    Cooked Turkey
    Cooked Minced Lamb
    Cooked Chicken

Other Food;
    Scrambled Egg ( NO Butter , NO Milk )
    Hard Boiled Egg
    Rice
    Pasta

Cooked Vegetables;