Thread: MEAL WORM HELP?

MEAL WORM HELP?

hi can i give my hedgehog dead or dried meal worms??? i live in nicaragua and i can not bring real ones on the plane and i can not find them here! nor do i really want real worms in my room, what can i do?

There are many different treats you can give them. I think there is an article on what you can give them as treats. Do not give the freeze dried or the like, I believe that those are technically unhealthy for them.
    ~Sam, the always worried Mommy~
    ♪♫ My 'lil Reia ~ 11/27/11 - 12/15/12 RIP 'lil girl ♫♪
    "There are no hedgehogs in captivity... instead, we are held captive... ... ... by the hedgehog."

Yup, there are some good articles on here about treats and food. Freeze dried is okay, it's good fiber, but not as good as fresh (think beef jerky verses a nice juicy steak). I believe the worry with the freeze dried is that they can get a blockage if you give them to much..... but then moderation is key with all treats.
    Kelly Sosik-Hamor
    Hamor Hollow Hedgehogs, a New Hampshire breeder
    Do you want to buy a baby Hedgehog? Ask me if they are available |
    Hedgehog World

okay thank you all so much, also do you know any treats i can make like a mix of stuff?

My hedgehog only eats dead bugs but we got my hedgehogs dried crickets.

Zoedia is right-a lot of the hedgies do like freeze dried crickets. Don't worry about a mix of treats-just find one of two now that he enjoys. There are treat articles at the top of this forum section that can help you out.
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

There are lots of suggestions for treats in this article... http://www.hedgehogworld.com/content...edgehog-s-Diet

My hedgie loooooves cheese (he only gets teeny pieces as a rare treat!), watermelon, and egg. I have tried some other fruits but he wasn't all that keen.
    Feel the Connection
    www.HorsesKnowTheWayHome.net