Thread: foods

Smile foods

Hi, ive been feeding my hedgie boiled egg yoke, and the white sliced small, chicken, cucumber, lettuce , tomato with out the skin, kidney beans sofened, chick peas, and dried cat food,

are these foods ok?

does any one have a list of safe foods please? or a link, ive looked but cant find one ..

also she hates bananas... ive only had her one week and she is about a year old. Im no expert and dont want to harm her with foods.

Administrator
    I would recommend focusing mainly on the dry cat food. The other foods should be fine as treats as far as I know, but they need to be TREATS, not main foods.
    Becca

is that because changing foods is bad for them, the same way you shouldnt suddenly change a dogs foods? She loves chicken and gobbles up tomato. The dried cat food, she hardly eats any of it. Definalty wont eat 2 table spoons of it a day! Also ive noticed she doesnt drink a lot of water...

Administrator
    Hedgehog stomachs are very small. If you are feeding her a lot of treats, she will fill up on them and not eat her food that is most nutritious. Kind of like if you give a child a bowl of ice cream and a plate of vegetables at the same time, most kids are going to fill up on the ice cream and not have room for the veggies. As far as water consumption, if she is eating a lot of treats that are high in fluids (like tomato), they won't drink as much water. Keep it available, fresh, and clean, so she can drink if she needs to. Make sure her water bottle is working properly, and that she knows how to use it, and she will drink what she needs.
    Becca

thanks, i gues sit is the tomato, she drank more last night...so less treats for Tiggy

Can I ask what kind of lettice your feeding?
    Iceberg has no value to it at all, romaine,red leaf,or something with dark green would be better
    would be my guess?
    That is what I've heard about my bunny and birds diet at least.
    also how is her poops?
    If runny could be from all the "wet" foods