+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sand and glue?

sand and glue?

Seeing that my Hedgie cage is rather square a ramp would be too steep. I'm thinking of using pvc pipes curving up as a tunnel/ramp. it'll be cut to where he can't get suck and I can see him going up/down. I know that'll be slippery for him and I want to know if adding sand glued to the floor if the pvc pipe would be safe. is there a safe Hedgie glue available?

And I say sand because i'm thinking with him going up and down it can also help file his claws down to minimize nail trimming

No-sand is not good-it will abrade a hedgehogs feet. You don't really need a ramp in a hedgehog cage-a lot of them won't use them
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

For Grumpy Spike we use a drainpipe with strips of that same drainpipe cut and glued onto the bottom of it.This way she can't fall of anything like an open ramp.For the glue we used a strong one (dragon spit,thats the stuff archers use to make the arrows)and let it dry really well so there is no changes of any fumes,before we put it in her house.

Awesome! I was researching like crazy and I didn't feel comfortable using hot glue gun because I was afraid it'll come apart, thanks so much!

+ Reply to Thread