Thread: cat/kitten food for hedgehogs

hedgehog123

Smile cat/kitten food for hedgehogs

im getting a hedgehog very soon.i would like to know inexpensive cat or kitten food.
    thank you

I would recommend a blend of different cat foods. You can purchase a breeders mix (generally, they're quite inexpensive), or, if the breeder doesn't sell it, ask your breeder for what they're feeding.
    Terrapin Hedgehogs in MD Serving all of the mid-Atlantic and beyond!|
    Hedgehog World

I feed my girls Core Grain Free cat food purchased from Petco. It has no by-products at all. I also feed them Vita Exotics Hedgehog formula. They get 2 tablespoons of the VEHF and 1 tablespoon of the Core brand cat food. and once a week they get wet cat food with mealworms as a treat. Core brand is a bit expensive but my girls love it ($13.00 for 3 pound bag)

I feed mine the food that the breeder uses / recommended, which is Pro Plan indoor formula.

I feed my girls Core Grain Free cat food purchased from Petco. It has no by-products at all.
    I wouldn't feed the Wellness core grain free to a hedgehog. The protein and fat percentages are high at 45% and 18% and the fiber is only 3%. Some of the hedgehogs do not do well on the more premium foods-they tend to promote obesity in some hedgies and liver and kidney issues in others. I know that sometimes these foods sound good on paper, but some hedgehogs (and cats as well) do not tolerate them well.
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

Quote Originally Posted by CThogs View Post
    I wouldn't feed the Wellness core grain free to a hedgehog.
    The grain also provides the fiber necessary to keep your hedgehog healthy and regular. Hedgehogs do actually require a good amount of fiber.

K
    Kelly Sosik-Hamor
    Hamor Hollow Hedgehogs, a New Hampshire breeder
    Do you want to buy a baby Hedgehog? Ask me if they are available |
    Hedgehog World

I feed my hedgehog Spikes Delite, and Purina 1 adult. Spikes Delite is really good for hedgehogs with allergies.

I found taste of the wild cat food drives mine crazy! she'll race across the floor chasing just one kibble! XD
    This is Cappuccino! Help me make her life better. :3