Thread: Age of quilling?

Age of quilling?

So, Hue's quills seem to be coming out a lot more than usual. He's ten months old and I'm really concerned. I just took him out of his cage and he's had two quills come out in the past ten minutes. So I was just wondering if this is normal or not.
    Thanks in advance
    -Hubert & Matraisa

A lot of hedgehogs do go through one more quilling within the first year so it can be normal. They all seem to be on their own timetable for this - some people think the springtime weather may have something to do with the timing of it. Just as long as that is all that is going on I would not worry too much
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

Quote Originally Posted by CThogs View Post
    A lot of hedgehogs do go through one more quilling within the first year so it can be normal. They all seem to be on their own timetable for this - some people think the springtime weather may have something to do with the timing of it. Just as long as that is all that is going on I would not worry too much
    Thank you so much!