Thread: What's in your food mix?

What's in your food mix?

Just wondering what other people use. We're currently feeding a mix of Halo Spot's Stew Hearty chicken and Innova Low Fat but looking to improve our mix.

Hmmm...Well, I'm getting views and I know you guys are feeding your hedgies something lol...anyone want to chime in?

You could be getting views from unregistered users who cant post etc etc It's not necessarily who is logged in at the moment. The halo has a small size and we have used it. The hedgies like it. I would add something like Purina one, beyond or kitten chow as the hedgehogs do not all do well on a lot of premium foods alone. I would also stay away from any of the brands that have dog food being recalled right nowhttp://www.hedgehogworld.com/showthr...y-foods-recall
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

Thanks for the response! I was just reading about how adding at least one lower quality food is a good idea. What do you feed your little ones?

As Ann mentioned, most breeders make a mix of a number of different types of food. Personally, I feed mostly purina foods.
    Terrapin Hedgehogs in MD Serving all of the mid-Atlantic and beyond!|
    Hedgehog World

Quote Originally Posted by Stasi View Post
    As Ann mentioned, most breeders make a mix of a number of different types of food. Personally, I feed mostly purina foods.
    Yes, I've tried searching and I keep reading to use a mix, but I was hoping more people would share which specific foods they (or their hedgies) like. Most of the threads discussing it were a little old.

I feed my little guy a mix made from adult indoor cat food. I know there is Purina One brand but I forget the name of the other, when he is half way through the mix I buy another bag and start to mix it in and try to mix it up a little buy sticking to the guidelines of low fat and medium protein %'s. I know he did not like any of the Newman's Own branded cat food, he left that kibble behind so I don't buy that anymore.
    Feel the Connection
    www.HorsesKnowTheWayHome.net