Thread: Cat treat suggestions

Smile Cat treat suggestions

I've offered Martin some purinia cat treats, the soft chicken one, and the first time he decided he'd rather anoint. Now he really pays them no attention when I offer them, so I was just wondering if anyone had some good cat treat suggestions or any good treat. I'd like to find something that is generally well liked to try out so I can offer it to him when he's out for bonding time to help him grow more adjusted to me.

Here's a cute picture of him anointing though :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Iím new at the whole hedgehog thing so I tend to fret and have lots of questions. I really adore my rescue hedgehog, Martin <3 In fact, I tend to refer to him as Prince Martin. :^)

Aww-cutie pie The first few times you give a treat the hedgies may either ignore it or anoint with it. You can keep trying with the cat treats and he may decide in a few days that he likes them to eat. Other things to try would be live meal worms, small pieces of chicken or turkey, small pieces of fresh fruit-berries, melon, etc. But do not be surprised if he ignores or anoints with them all at first. Some hedgehogs take awhile to accept a new food.
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

Quote Originally Posted by CThogs View Post
    Aww-cutie pie The first few times you give a treat the hedgies may either ignore it or anoint with it. You can keep trying with the cat treats and he may decide in a few days that he likes them to eat. Other things to try would be live meal worms, small pieces of chicken or turkey, small pieces of fresh fruit-berries, melon, etc. But do not be surprised if he ignores or anoints with them all at first. Some hedgehogs take awhile to accept a new food.
    He really liked the chicken :-) He eats it at night normally but instead I just offered it to him while he was out and he really enjoyed it. Thanks so much!
    Iím new at the whole hedgehog thing so I tend to fret and have lots of questions. I really adore my rescue hedgehog, Martin <3 In fact, I tend to refer to him as Prince Martin. :^)