Thread: C&C cage setup

Smile C&C cage setup

Hello! I'm new here and with my hedgehog Thorne!

We are looking into upgrading her cage, and would like some help!

If I bought this: http://www.amazon.com/Whitmor-6070-9...=storage+cubes

How much coroplast would i need?
    Thanks!

It depends on how big the cage is and if the hedgie is a climber. For example my coroplast has to have an additional 6 inches for the sides because road quill (my hedgie) is a good climber. build the cage the way you want it, then measure the inside, after that just add however high you want your sides to be and of poof! You're done!

i just got one and my hedie loves it. its a lot bigger and roomy but doesnt take up much more space. its alot easier to clean because i dont have to fully take of the top of the cage to clean it.
    you should be assured that it is VERY hard to put it together becdause the peices fall off as your putting more on. i would also suggest that you twist tie the sides together for extra safety. i got 2 sets of the 3 packs so i had some more cage parts then the 6 packbut i just used those for storage for my hedgie supplys. so with the 6 pack you could do what i did. a 2x3 cage. its really great

I really like this way of putting together the cage with the small ramp and upper part but i didnt have enough conectors
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello- I built a Cube Cage Condo for my rabbit. I did research in advance and knew it would be a bugger to get together. My advice: use plastic zip ties instead of the standard clips they include in the packaging. They are much stronger and quicker to put togehter. Also, super easy to snip in case you want to change it around, which is fun every once in a while. I personally am not sure I would trust this cage for a hedgie because they are clever and I think they would get out. Best of luck!!

I personally am not sure I would trust this cage for a hedgie because they are clever and I think they would get out.
    Yes, you are right-hedgehogs can be really smart. I would recommend some type of a top for most hedgehogs in C&C cages.
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

Quote Originally Posted by HedgieLoverKatey View Post
    i just got one and my hedie loves it. its a lot bigger and roomy but doesnt take up much more space. its alot easier to clean because i dont have to fully take of the top of the cage to clean it.
    you should be assured that it is VERY hard to put it together becdause the peices fall off as your putting more on. i would also suggest that you twist tie the sides together for extra safety. i got 2 sets of the 3 packs so i had some more cage parts then the 6 packbut i just used those for storage for my hedgie supplys. so with the 6 pack you could do what i did. a 2x3 cage. its really great

I really like this way of putting together the cage with the small ramp and upper part but i didnt have enough conectors
    I would suggest enclosing the ramp so that your hedgie doesnt fall off and get hurt and enclose the top area as well for the same reason.
    Proud mom to 2 Hedgies Sonic and Sprinkles