Thread: Mixing kibble with baby food?

Mixing kibble with baby food?

I usually feed Martin his kibble and baby food in separate containers but although he'll eat the fruit ones he tends to ignore the veggie ones. So tonight I mixed the baby food into his kibble but I noticed it made it softer. Would this be bad for his teeth because it softens the food?

Oh and also is it okay for hedgies to eat squash? I got him a squash baby food but haven't feed it to him yet because I'm not sure.
    Iím new at the whole hedgehog thing so I tend to fret and have lots of questions. I really adore my rescue hedgehog, Martin <3 In fact, I tend to refer to him as Prince Martin. :^)

Baby food would be a treat in my opinion. I wouldn't mix it with his kibble, as it would be bad for his teeth. -- Unless it was just an infrequent (once a week) mixing, then it shouldn't be a problem. Squash should be just fine for a hedgie.
    Terrapin Hedgehogs in MD Serving all of the mid-Atlantic and beyond!|
    Hedgehog World

Quote Originally Posted by Stasi View Post
    Baby food would be a treat in my opinion. I wouldn't mix it with his kibble, as it would be bad for his teeth. -- Unless it was just an infrequent (once a week) mixing, then it shouldn't be a problem. Squash should be just fine for a hedgie.
    Thank you very much for telling me. :^)
    Iím new at the whole hedgehog thing so I tend to fret and have lots of questions. I really adore my rescue hedgehog, Martin <3 In fact, I tend to refer to him as Prince Martin. :^)