Thread: Snout changing colours?

Exclamation Snout changing colours?

Hey guys.. I was with Lychee recently and I noticed that her snout is turning sort of pinkish? It's definitely has gotten lighter, and I was wondering that's normal?

Yes they can lighten up as they get older. Not all do, but some do and it is normal
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

Winston's did, he was dark grey when we first brought him home, and gradually lightened over the years. I never noticed it until I looked at pictures from when he was younger.
    Momma to Wilhelmina Wiggles, and Winston Willobee III who has crossed the rainbow bridge.

Maybe Lychee is undergoing some beauty treatments? Nose lightening, it's all the rage with the hedgies these days!

On a serious note: in another post you mentioned lychee not eating or pooping. Just keep a watch on it and make sure nothing weird is going on. Like I said in the other post, check her mouth for infections. Just in case. It's probably nothing....... the nose, I mean.

K
    Kelly Sosik-Hamor
    Hamor Hollow Hedgehogs, a New Hampshire breeder
    Do you want to buy a baby Hedgehog? Ask me if they are available |
    Hedgehog World