Thread: The best 4 American dry kibbles for me to get shipped to the UK?

The best 4 American dry kibbles for me to get shipped to the UK?

Hi,

I live in the UK, and after spending hours looking through our range of cat foods, I've concluded that there is literally nothing suitable where I don't have to make at least a few compromises.

I've decided to order some food from America, and get it shipped over here, as in America the quality is much better than the UK. So, I was wondering to save me another few hours looking through the American foods, if anyone would be good enough to share their own research with me by recommending 4 dried mixes?

Ideally, I'd like to include a venison/pea one. We're quite paranoid about fish content over here, so I've never fed my hogs a food which included fish, and ideally, they should be fairly widely available so I have a change of ordering them from the same website to avoid huge postage costs

Thanks so much in advance
    Rachael

Hi Rachael-have you looked into whether any of the breeders in the UK sell some sort of food mix? I know a lot of us in the US do. I know it doesn't answer the question you asked but I think I would look into that first. I would hate to have you relying on food from so far away because I have seen shipments go missing etc
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

This dont really answer you question.
    But I know that a lot off danish breeders import "Spikes hedgehog dinner" from England, maby you could try that. I would import it to Denmark myself, but it is to expencive when you only have one hedgehog.

Hi,

Thanks for your posts. Spikes dinner is a terrible brand of food, even worse than some of the cat foods.. a UK mix would have UK foods in it, which is the problem really.

I'm a breeder, and have a food mix with the best kibbles that I can find, however there always seems to be something nasty lurking towards the bottom of the ingredients. For example, a 40% pure chicken kibble that I use is great in that it doesn't have any animal derivatives, or animal meal etc, but it has brewers yeast and maize.

I posted on hedgehogcentral and got quite a few good suggestions, so I have some things to look in to

Well good I could not import Spikes then.
    What is it you think is wrong with it (exept for being an UK mix)?