Thread: burrow box- is it safe?

burrow box- is it safe?

i was wondering if using these mini pom poms for a burrow box for my little Jasper would be a good idea.
    i thought he would enjoy one but i want a comfy and safe thing to fill it with.
    also heres a picture of my baby, jasper <3
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wouldn't think it's dangerous as long as he isn't one of those silly hedgies that will try to eat everything, and if you quality check daily, to make sure there aren't any getting matted and forming into threads, it should be fine!

I tried something similar with strips of fleece. Winston wasn't into it though.
    Momma to Wilhelmina Wiggles, and Winston Willobee III who has crossed the rainbow bridge.

The only downfall is that the pompoms are going to get dirty from poop and pee and you will have to throw them out. I'm not sure how you would wash them or if they would hold up.

K
    Kelly Sosik-Hamor
    Hamor Hollow Hedgehogs, a New Hampshire breeder
    Do you want to buy a baby Hedgehog? Ask me if they are available |
    Hedgehog World

That is such a cute idea. I just had a mental image of the little pom poms sticking to the end of the quills creating a mega pom pom hedgie! Hahah!
    Feel the Connection
    www.HorsesKnowTheWayHome.net

i have his igloo full of strips of fleece but he doesnt seem very interested in it. he sleeps in it but thats about it. and since his cage is fleece lined i think he should have something to burrow in

i have little stips of fleece in my hedgies cage and i just put them in a sock to wash them. it works pretty well. you could also wash them in a laundry bag