Thread: Question About 'Finacard'

Question About 'Finacard'

Hi, has anyone heard of a bedding called Finacard? We have been using fine shredded Aspen but we've been having a very worrying problem with it. Every evening when we get our little guy out for his bonding and cuddle time he has a piece of Aspen stuck in his little man part which we have to remove. We have read all the write-ups on 'Finacard'which states it is dust free, very soft and above all safe for Hoggies. Does anyone know if these claims are true especially dust free and safe? Apparently it's made from small pieces of corrugated cardboard measuring approximately 5mm x 20mm. Any advice would be greatly Appreciated as we're very worried that our litte guy (Mr Strummer) could catch an infection.
    'One Love'..... Keith

This stuff? The pieces do look bigger, but it could be the picture.
    http://www.finacard-uk.com/index.php...roducts_id=152

We have used aspen for a long time with lots of hedgehogs and haven't had a problem with it. You could always try it and see if you and your hedgie like it better. If not, you could switch back
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

Thanks, i'll try Finacard and will post my opinion on it.
    'One Love'..... Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit_of_76 View Post
    Thanks, i'll try Finacard and will post my opinion on it.
    I wouldnt use Aspen, as in the UK hedgehogs have gotten infections from it and aspen is known to carry mites as well. As soon as I found out that that could potentially happen to my hogs, I switched to paper towel for their litter pans and fleece for the floor, finacard is also safe for the litter pan, I just couldnt find any. Where did you buy yours?

I've been using Finacard and it's great. You can get it online if you live in the Uk on www.finacard-uk.com. It's practically dust free, some of the larger pieces can be easily torn to size. They send a massive bag that lasts for ages. The little guys love to burrow in it and most importantly of all totally safe. Hope this helps��
    'One Love'..... Keith

I've just found out that some countries call it Carefresh.
    'One Love'..... Keith

I dont think that Finacard and Carefresh are the same, as they look completely different. Ive had Carefresh, its squishyish and brown (heard theres a white one too), and Finacard is strips of recycled paper..