Thread: Pine House?

Pine House?

So Reia has a habit of pushing her little hide away around the cage while she's playing and so when she sleeps it she's not over the heating plate I have down for her. I went to Petco today to get another hide away, something a little heavier so she doesn't toss it around like a rag doll. When I got home, I noticed that it said it was made of 100% pine. Is this dangerous for her? I don't want it to be harmful to her.

I haven't put it in her cage yet, waiting on a response, so until then she will have her plastic one.

Thanks bunches!
    ~Sam, the always worried Mommy~
    ♪♫ My 'lil Reia ~ 11/27/11 - 12/15/12 RIP 'lil girl ♫♪
    "There are no hedgehogs in captivity... instead, we are held captive... ... ... by the hedgehog."

It should be fine. You can also offer Reia a fleece blanket. She may decide to ditch the hut and sleep under the blanket on the heating pad.

K
    Kelly Sosik-Hamor
    Hamor Hollow Hedgehogs, a New Hampshire breeder
    Do you want to buy a baby Hedgehog? Ask me if they are available |
    Hedgehog World

Wonderful. I just wanted to make sure. She's sleeping under a blanket now, but I at least wanted to give her a place to hide to. She does like her privacy.
    ~Sam, the always worried Mommy~
    ♪♫ My 'lil Reia ~ 11/27/11 - 12/15/12 RIP 'lil girl ♫♪
    "There are no hedgehogs in captivity... instead, we are held captive... ... ... by the hedgehog."