Thread: Brown Care Fresh Making Her Nuts!

Brown Care Fresh Making Her Nuts!

Anyone had this happen?

I switched to the "natural brown" colored Care Fresh for her bedding and now whenever I go up to see her, her wheel is pushed away from the wall, she moved her igloo, there are big gaps in it like she has been digging....so weird! She didn't do this when I used the white! Do you think she HATES it or she is just having fun with it?

PS here's some new pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wonder if it smells significantly different? It's so hard to tell sometimes whether they love or hate something! She is very cute, btw
    HedgeMonsters
    Hedgehog breeding in Minnesota

Is she anointing too? We have some hedgies that annoint every time they get new bedding The brown stuff does smell different than the white. It can be a good thing for them to change their environment a bit from time to time-gives them something new to think about.
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

Thanks Sarahg!

Nope no annointing that I have seen. It's just when I go up and look in on her it's like a hurricane went through. What I was thinking was to take her litter out (she never magnetized to the Yesterday's News like other people's hogs) and put the white carefresh in there. She used to poo in the white when it was her bedding, so I thought maybe "Oh if I put white in there...she will make the association" Ahhh nope she likes to sleep in it. And still poo everywhere. Oh well.

But she is just a madwoman with the brown bedding. She will have to suck it up until it runs out!! haha