Thread: sticky fur on the belly, please help

sticky fur on the belly, please help

Last week I discovered that much of Avy's fur on the belly was like glued together. It took me four days to make it clean, and the last little bit, I was forced to pull out of to see what was underneath. Underneath his stomach and fur look´d normal, so I thought no more about it.
    But today, less than a week later, a different part of the fur on the belly is like glued together. Does anyone know why it stick together? And what should I do?
    This worryes me a lot, please help

If he is a boy it is nothing to worry about. Once the boys are mature they will masturbate. It is hard to clean up.
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

^^Yup, gross but that's boys for ya! hahaha!

If my little boy was getting some "build up" I would just give him a nice warm bath and use a soft tooth brush very gently on his belly to get it off with some Aveeno body wash. I would also have to soak his bedding before washing it to soften it up, yech!
    Feel the Connection
    www.HorsesKnowTheWayHome.net

Thank you very much for the quick answer, as you can see I was quit worry´d.
    And yes, he is a boy.