Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let me introduce to you... Pantoufles!!!

I believe you're supposed to blow in their face to get them to stop biting. Go figure he picks the sore finger to bite.
    Momma to Wilhelmina Wiggles, and Winston Willobee III who has crossed the rainbow bridge.

So far no more biting, yay! Though I must admit, I am now picking him up using his fleece bag. The last two nights have been wonderful though He has really started to come out and explore, sniff about and I can pet his back with minimum fuss. He is still loosing countless quills each night, I pick out about 20-30 each morning and he looses them during cuddle time. So I am hoping his grumpyness to the touch is just because he is quilling.

Anyway, last night he managed to roll upside down and then struggle to get right way up, too hilarious! He eventually managed to flip over and act cool but here is a little video I took to try and stop myself from openly laughing at him!!!

And I forgot to share a photo from earlier this week!!!
    Last edited by Pinto Pony; 12-01-2012 at 02:53 PM.
    Feel the Connection
    www.HorsesKnowTheWayHome.net

Keep fingers away from his mouth and hopefully he will not bite anymore. Either blowing on his face or saying 'no' loudly can usually get them to stop.

That video is a riot-what a silly guy!
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

Soooooooo many quills!!! I am surprised he isn't bald yet, every morning there are quills everywhere and when I "attempt" to cuddle I get attacked by quills! I am trying so hard to just let him get used to me but I feel like he is so grumpy when I try to pick him up or pet him. He even jerks at me like he wants to attack! And seriously he must be breaking some kind of quill record with the amount he looses!
    And also so many failed photos He hears the shutter and is way too fast to duck his head! When Jonathan comes home I am going to put a zoom lens on and try once more from another room!
    But in the meantime, I was feeling crafty...

Feel the Connection

So. Much. Food. = So. Much Poop.

Pantoufles has been a very hungry hedgie these last few nights, I am wondering if I should not keep filling his dish completely... he eats everything and has sooooo much poop which I am assuming is a good thing. He must LOVE wheeling cause its pretty gross each morning, bleh!

As far as his attitude he is still the King of Grumbles but hasn't really tried to attack me, I will put my fist near him and he just sniffs me now, not freak out and attack me with a forehead full of razor sharp quills!
    Feel the Connection

How's he doing with quilling? Maybe he's going through a growth spurt, hence the increased appetite. I guess hedgies can have growth spurts.
    Momma to Wilhelmina Wiggles, and Winston Willobee III who has crossed the rainbow bridge.

I feel he is going to be a big one! He eats and drinks really well, evidence points to him wheeling really well and he sleeps REALLY well haha.
    I put him out on the carpet to see if he wanted to explore but nope, just wants to annoint then sleep. Silly little boy.
    Feel the Connection

So I have not been very good at keeping this updated, life is just so busy and Pants Man is just not much fun in front of the camera. He still comes off as really shy and grumpy, always balling up if I even think about a camera yet, like right now... Jonathan has him cupped imn his hands holding him upside down and it is adorable as he unballs but I slowly get my camera and he freaks out! Even my phone on silent mode... I really suspect he feels my energy/excitement and thats what he reacts to.
    Feel the Connection

So I was setting up some "product shots" for work and decided to practice with a moving subject...

Last night Pants Man and I had a really sweet moment I was watching some videos online and he was being a huff ball in his snuggle bag on my chest when all of a sudden he turned around, stretched out and slowly closed his eyes and snoozed with his little face right near mine for about 20 minutes. I have never sat still for that long in my life but it was so worth it to have that tiny little face looking so peaceful
    Feel the Connection

That's so sweet.