Thread: Splatting?

Exclamation Splatting?

Hi all, I have just got Milo a microwaveable heat pad with a furry cover. Every time he has had it warmed he lies down on his belly with his legs and arm outstretched. Does this mean he is too hot? Or is he just comfortable? He can get off it at any point, but doesn't? Any help would be appreciated! I'm a bit overprotective and a little bit scared that he might get poorly one day- a bit of a mad one me! Thanks!

Awww, think of it like sunbathing. He's probably enjoying the heat, and so he spreads out to take it all in. If he was too hot, he would move on his own. Reia has done that multiple times on her heating spot. I don't think there is anything wrong at all. Just think of it like sunbathing.
    ~Sam, the always worried Mommy~
    ♪♫ My 'lil Reia ~ 11/27/11 - 12/15/12 RIP 'lil girl ♫♪
    "There are no hedgehogs in captivity... instead, we are held captive... ... ... by the hedgehog."

Thank you! He's done it again today, he's a bit of a nut nut like me

They do seem to take after us in some ways, huh?
    ~Sam, the always worried Mommy~
    ♪♫ My 'lil Reia ~ 11/27/11 - 12/15/12 RIP 'lil girl ♫♪
    "There are no hedgehogs in captivity... instead, we are held captive... ... ... by the hedgehog."

Winston was a closet splatter. I saw him doing it once when I peaked under the blanket where he was laying. But I lifted the blanket up too much and he very quickly un-splatted.
    Momma to Wilhelmina Wiggles, and Winston Willobee III who has crossed the rainbow bridge.