Thread: 8 in 1 Ultra-Blend Select Hedgehog

8 in 1 Ultra-Blend Select Hedgehog

I found a brand of hedgehog food from Doctors Foster and Smith called 8 in 1 Ultra-Blend Hedgehog diet. I was wondering if anyone knows if this is a good brand, and if it is worth buying? Should I just stick to using Purina One Chicken and Rice formula?

Personally I don't think it is worth buying. It is not the worst hedgehog food out there, but last time I looked it was pretty overpriced for what it is. You could use it as part of a mix if you want to, but I would not feed it alone. In general, cat foods do provide better nutrition than most of the hedgehog foods that are available.
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

I have been using Purina one chicken and rice formula since I got my first hedgehog almost two years ago, and I was just thinking about mixing up their food a little bit. Thank you for the advice!