Thread: quilling discomfort or bathtime stress

Question quilling discomfort or bathtime stress

I brought home my baby girl Saturday. Saturday she was very curious about everything, and kept trying to get out of her carrier on the 2 hour ride home. She explored a bit once we were home then she went to sleep. She was quilling when we picked her up, and it hasn't slowed down for her yet. Sunday she was a different hog, very grumpy, didn't want to be bothered, couldn't blame her really.

So today, I thought I'd give her an oatmeal bath and vitamin E rinse to help soothe her skin. Since she didn't mind walking through her water bowl, I was really hoping she wouldn't mind getting a bath. Boy was I wrong. She climbed out 3 times and wouldn't hold still. I tried my best to pour the oatmeal bath water on her and the vitamin E rinse water, but it's hard to get such a small, moving target.

So, my question is, which is the less stress on her, quilling with no attempts to relieve the discomfort or the stress from a bath to help with the discomfort?

On a cute note, from her fighting me in the tub and trying to dry her off, she wore herself out and fell asleep in my hands. Oh, and her name, Wilhelmina Wiggles. You can't say it without smiling.
    Momma to Wilhelmina Wiggles, and Winston Willobee III who has crossed the rainbow bridge.

I don't know what would be best, but her name is awesome
    Feel the Connection
    www.HorsesKnowTheWayHome.net

thank you. I can't decide either.
    Momma to Wilhelmina Wiggles, and Winston Willobee III who has crossed the rainbow bridge.

Glad you got a new hedgie How is she doing now? Some of the grumpiness may be from being in a new place and dealing with that transition. Unfortunately there's no bath that can take care of that
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

As of last night, she was still huffy and quilling quite a bit. I had her on the sofa and it looked like someone sprinkled quills on it. Hopefully I got them all. I'll be getting her out for some play time soon, hopefully she'll be a little less cranky. Tomorrow is her "well hedgie" exam with the vet, so I'm sure she'll be hating me tomorrow. I'll keep you updated.