Thread: Hoglet runt eye oozing/crusting help!!

Hoglet runt eye oozing/crusting help!!

Peeko had 3 lovely babies, they just started to open their eyes this week, all except for only one of the runts eyes. It was crusting for a day, then started oozing tonight and Im starting to get concerned. I really cant transport my mama with her 3 babies to the vet either as she got super stressed with the first cage and nest box cleaning today.. Ive been using a Q-tip with warm water to wipe away the oozing and crusting and changed the bedding from aspen shavings to a fleece liner, any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Also, the hoglets are 4 weeks old in about 5 hours if that makes a difference.

I would talk to your vet and see if they can get you an antibiotic cream without seeing the baby. A hedgehog knowledgeable vet should understand the situation. If you need to actually go to the vet, I would just bring that one baby if the others are fine.
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

I just dont want the hoglet to pass because it didnt have Mamas milk while taking it to the vet. Thanks so much for the advice, I cant believe it slipped my mind to call a vet!!!! Doing that now!

They said that I have to bring them all in and thats my best bet... :/