Thread: New Hedgie home, ferret nation cage. Any advice?

Smile New Hedgie home, ferret nation cage. Any advice?

I just set up my new hedgie's home :-) I literally scrubbed this entire thing with a toothbrush, rinsed it, dried it and finally got it all cozy. It took me hours but it's more than worth it for him. I was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind looking it over and telling me if there's anything I need to add, fix, etc.

Also, I bought my hedgie some cat toys but I just found out they have cat nip in them. I can't smell it though. I haven't put them with him yet because i'm not sure if it's a good idea. Does anyone know if this bad for him?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Belie; 04-27-2013 at 09:29 PM.

any advice guys??

Catnip is fine for the hedgehogs-they may anoint with it I'm not a fan of the flying saucer wheel. If it was me I would upgrade to a comfort wheel or Carolina storm wheel-you have plenty of room in that cage for it.
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

Some more toys toilet paper roll slit down the side is usually a big hit :3

Make a dig box of some sort using cut up fleece (not too small to prevent ingestion), decorative pebbles (not too big but not too heavy) or marbles. You can place them in a cardboard box, plastic container or even an upturned hat. You might also want to give a mini stuff toy and like what sauvemir said, a toilet paper roll with a slit cut through the center.

I hope he's litter trained Don't want that masterpiece of yours to go to waste