Thread: After two weeks?

After two weeks?

On Wednesday the babies or baby will be two weeks old. When is it safe to clean the cage?

Thank you!

You don't want to disturb the nest area at all right now. You won't be able to clean the whole cage but if mom doesn't mind and you can scoop out a couple of handfuls of dirty bedding and replace it with clean, you can do that if it is outside of the nest area.
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

Okay that's what I will do. Thank you so much!

I finally got a look at the babies!! Delilah had 3 of them, and they all look healthy!! I was wondering if anyone would know when I can handle them and take some pictures?

Congrats See how mom behaves-touch one and see how she does. If she is okay then hold one and see how she does. There are some articles on it in the info section
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

Thank you!! I will try to touch one tomorrow!