Thread: Algerian Vs White Belly

Algerian Vs White Belly

I'm trying to figure out one thing - how does Algerian and White Belly colours interact? All the pages I've found states that the colours don't mix together I.E. you either get white belly or algerian.

As species the pet hedgies are hybrid, so you can breed Algerian with White Belly. But, nobody states how do you inherit the colours? Is Algerian Dominant over White Belly? Or other way around? Can you get a mixed litter with Algerians and White Bellies?

Do you mean Algerian chocolate quills with fur on the belly that is white?

Do you mean Algerian chocolate quills with fur on the belly that is white?
    Algerian and white belly are two types of hedgehog in the wild. Our pet hedgehogs are a mix. The predominant thing that is noticeable is the cheek patches and mottled skin of Algerians.

But, nobody states how do you inherit the colours? Is Algerian Dominant over White Belly? Or other way around? Can you get a mixed litter with Algerians and White Bellies?
    Just like a lot of things hedgehog, I don't think anyone has studied it widely. If I see any useful info, I'll pass it along
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information