Thread: Temperature Question

Temperature Question

I see quite a few questions which are temperature related.

What would be the best minimum and maximum temperatures for hedgies, a sort of guideline inbetween which the temperature should be maintained for optimal health of Hedgies.

Just my opinion based on years of seeing individual hedgies and what they like and don't like-I would say between 72 F and 82 F. Once you get above or below those numbers, you run the risk of having hedgehogs who are too cold or too warm. I have seen other people recommend both higher and lower and I suspect that it can also depend on where you live and what the average temperature is there and how much the temperature fluctuates .
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

Thank You for the answer. Here where I live we have and average ambient Summer temp of around 30 Centi, and an average ambient Winter temp of around 23 Centi.

I agree with CThogs. And there are ways to adjust temperatures within the room where your hedgie lives to create the best temperature for your hedgie.

Oh, and welcome to HHW!