Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tragic Event

http://www.amazon.com/Comfort-Digita.../dp/B006SRYYFG

Here is the radiator that over heated! Please do not use!! Does anyone know if I should contact the manufacture? I am just so upset I know that can't bring my hedgehogs back.

I think the first thing you should do is post a review of the product on the Amazon site--be specific about what happened and the toll it has taken on you. Then let me/us know where the review is and I will go and comment on your review. That may get Amazon's attention and also the company's attention.

I am not sure how to contact the company. You may also want to contact consumer reports to alert them to this malfunction. Or maybe the fire department would know who to contact--you are lucky your house did not catch fire!

I use a small holmes brand space heater--it looks like a fan and has high tech technology. Never had an issue with overheating as there is a thermostat and also the outside remains cool.

All the info I could dig up on this heater:

Here is the instruction manual with the warranty and manufacturer contact info

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/A1b3HHUAS%2BS.pdf

Here is the manufacturer's web site

https://www.comfortzonefans.com/heat...bine=title+ASC

Product description from manufcturer's web site
    Digital Oil-Filled Radiator Heater

SKU: CZ9009
    Comfort Zone radiator style heaters use heating elements to heat factory sealed compartments of safe oil which in turn radiates that heat throughout the room. The CZ9009 is a classicly styled heater with a digital adjustable thermostat and temperature settings, 7 radiator fins and 1500 watts of heating power.

Info about ETL and Interteck seal of approval

This unit has both an ETL listing and the Intertek quality seal of approval.
    http://www.intertek.com/marks/etl/

What you "could" also do is see when you actually purchased it. The warranty is for one year so if it is less than one year that is best. Also talk to your vet-see if they would be willing to do a report that says you lost X number of adults and X number of babies because of this malfunction. Also that the remaining hedgehogs were treated at their facility. They may offer your money back or another heater
    (which I wouldn't imagine you would ever actually use) at the very least. I would hope either Amazon or the manufacturer would do something to try to make this right if it is within the warranty time frame.

It is one of those things-do you and your family want to keep thinking about it and fight to try to get something out of it or do you want to move on? I'm not sure what I would do in that situation...
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

I agree with Ann however I think, at a minimum, you can post a review at Amazon and alert them (and consumers) to what happened. I mean, I would want that warning! And then maybe you can think about your next steps--maybe someone will contact you or you will get some feedback about how to proceed.

Glad your hedgies are eating and drinking. I have been holding my breath on this end, praying for them to recover!!!

She posted a review the other day-if you sign in to Amazon you can find the review "helpful"

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1ZEIY8...SIN=B006SRYYFG
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

Thank you everyone! Sorry I have not been on here in a couple of days just dealing with a lot. My family wants me to contact them, but I am trying my best to move one. I have an anxiety disorder and my hedgehogs help my anxiety but since this tragedy my anxiety has been terrible. This whole thing has been so hard on me.

I am so sorry that you are struggling. Anxiety makes everything harder and what you are dealing with is hard enough. Know that you have our support!

Ok, I went and added a comment to your review and also liked your review.

Thank you Andrea! The community of hedgehog world has been so kind to me .

You are welcome!