Thread: Pregnant and maybe ate babies?

Pregnant and maybe ate babies?

Hi guys. I bought two hedgehogs from a breeder who who was moving. I was told she was 2 weeks pregnant when I got her so I took care of her like she was e.g. no wheel, nesting box ect. Yesterday morning I saw what looked like drie blood in her nesting box and left her because I did not want to disturb her if she was in labour or had babies. Well today I checked again and there were no babies. She kept roling in a ball if I came near her but when I got her out I saw the dried blood but no babies. She is eating and everything. Just acting more shy. Is it possible that she ate the babies? Thanks

She is suppose to be 41 days pregnant today

Very possible that she ate the babies, but to be absolutely sure, wait until around 55 days after the last day she was with a male before disturbing her much. It is also possible labor had just begun.
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information