Thread: After mites

After mites

Hi
    How long time does it take before the APHs ears and quills look normal after the APH has been treathen for mites?

With ears, you can put bag balm or petroleum jelly on the ears a couple of times a few days apart and they should look better. With quill loss, you should see quills start to poke through the skin but it takes awhile for them to grow in. If they have had mites for a long time, there is a possibility they won't grow back entirely but that is unusual.
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

Thank you
    I guess I better go to the vet again then. I has been 2 months since the mites should have been done with. And my hedgehogs ears still look like when she had mites.

Yes that is a good idea Soren. There might be a medicated cream that is needed or a second round of treatment or possibly something else is wrong, like extra dry skin.